My basil plant is amazing this year! I want to use it in everything. This recipe is quick and easy to make and you really could top it with whatever you have in your fridge.
Ingredients: Store bought pizza dough, 3-4 small and sweet tomatoes sliced, handful of basil-julienned, olive oil, salt, and pepper....That's it!
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees with the rack in the lowest position.
2. Let dough come to room temperature on baking sheet. I like the Pillsbury dough (it comes with the parchment paper!)
3. Drizzle and spread olive oil over the entire dough. I use a pastry brush.
**I have started a porch garden that includes basil. Clip your basil just above where new leaves are beginning to grow.
4. Sprinkle julienned basil evenly over the dough.
5. Thinly slice your tomatoes and pull apart your fresh mozzarella.
6. Spread your tomatoes and mozzarella over the dough like in my picture.
7. Bake for 22 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt and fresh pepper. I also added a little more fresh basil at the end.